AR Human Rights Ombudsman required detailed clarifications from the AR Police on Asya Khachatryan’s caseWithin the scope of the discussion commenced on his own initiative, AR Ombudsman, based on Asya Khachatryan’s interview published on March 26 by express.am information agency, made a request to the Police of the Republic of Artsakh demanding explanations on Asya Khachatryan’s claims.
Guided by paragraph 1 of Article 9 and points 2 and 3 of paragraph 1 of Article 24 of the AR Law on Human Rights Ombudsman, the Ombudsman requested the AR Police to present clarifications on the following:
1. Asya Khachatryan’s allegations concerning the incident between the latter and police officers at “Victory Square” in Stepanakert at midnight on February 1, in particular, whether the police officers represented themselves in response to the citizen’s request (see 0:11-1:34 video snatch),
2. Asya Khachatryan’s allegations concerning the incident between the latter and police officers in the evening of February 2 in Stepanakert (the citizen did not specify the address of the mentioned building), in particular, whether the police officers represented themselves in response to the citizen’s request (1:35-2:35), 3. Asya Khachatryan’s allegations on being taken by the police officers to Stepanakert Police Departmentand the treatment towards her there (2:36-6:56), in particular:
3.1. On what basis was Asya Khachatryan taken to Police Department (2:36-2:38)?
3.2. Was a relevant entry made in the register (3:01-3:24)?
3.3. Was Asya Khachatryan introduced to her rights?
3.4. Was the police officer (according to the citizen’s words, “the investigator”) who allegedly talked to the citizen presented himself in response to the latter’s request (3:43-3:46)?
3.5. Was Asya Khachatryan introduced to the legal basis of her appearance at the Police Department (3:31-3:53)?
3.6. Did Asya Khachatryan present a lawyer’s claim and what response did she receive (5:58-5:59)?
3.7. How long was Asya Khachatryan at the Police Department?
4. Asya Khachatryan’s allegations on the alleged incident between the latter and police officers in civilian clothes in her flat at 1 am of February 4, and the treatment they showed (6:57-10:11), in particular:
4.1. Did the mentioned police officers properly introduce themselves to Asya Khachatryan (7:08-7:37)?
4.2. For what purpose and legal basis did they allegedly enter Asya Khachatryan’s flat (7:37-7:38)?
5. Asya Khachatryan’s allegations on her and her friend’s (the citizen did not mention the identity) being taken to the Police Department on the night of February 4 and the treatment towards them (10:11-10:36), in particular:
5.1. On what basis were Asya Khachatryan and her friend allegedly taken to Police Department (10:34-10:36)?
5.2. Was a relevant entry made in the registry? (10:38-10:48)?
5.3. Were Asya Khachatryan and her friend introduced to their rights?
5.4. Did Asya Khachatryan demand to inform the person she chose about her being deprived of freedom and what response did she receive (11:13-11:18)?
5.5. Did Asya Khachatryan present a lawyer’s request and what response did she receive (11:27-11:32)?
5.6. Did the police officer (named “John” as mentioned by the citizen) make a claim to Asya Khachatryan incompatible with the law on her behavior in public places (15:52-16:22)?
5.7. How long Asya Khachatryan and her friend were at the Police Department?
6. Other clarifications on the claims made by Asya Khachatryan in the mentioned video footage.
The Ombudsman also demanded to inform him about the measures taken to check Asya Khachatryan’s clarifications.
The Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Artsakh, within his jurisdiction and pursuant to his commitment taken on March 26 statement, continues the discussion procedure.
|Copyright © www.ombudsnkr.am 2011-2018|
Website developed by CompService Ltd.